Our former singer Michael Kovrig has been innocently imprisoned for more than 950 days. We’ve released The Plane To Toronto to raise awareness of his situation. The song only has a lyric video so far, and we’d like to take it one step further by creating a crowdsourced collaboration video. We’ll create a video where you’ll be acting as if you were passing around Free Michael signs, as you can see in the trailer below. You can either download our artwork from here or use this simple design, or create your own hand-made one.
You should record a vertical full HD (1080 x 1920) video with your phone. The video will be cropped to square size, so make sure that both the top of your head and the bottom of the sign will fit in the square. If you can record a square 1080×1080 video (Clips on iPhone should be good for this), that’s even better. Please shoot it outdoors. If you have a background characteristic of your city, the result will be even more amazing!
If you record with the selfie camera, the video can be mirrored (depending on your settings). This is not a problem, we can flip it horizontally.
Here are some instructions and a sample video:
- Start with looking into the camera standing still for a few seconds. Don’t stand too close to the camera, so that everything fits in the square cropped video!
- Reach out to your right for the sign and pull it in front of your body
- Hold the sign for a few seconds
- Hand it over to your left
- Stand still facing the camera in the starting position for a few more seconds
The video should be about 10-15 seconds long altogether.
Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org via wetransfer before 20 Aug.
If you have any questions, just drop a mail to the same address.