1. Serge Gainsbourg – Initials BB
French people really appreciate beauty. This one’s about Brigitte Bardot and it’s simply breathtaking.
2. Madness – (My Name Is) Michael Caine
Very British and very good.
3. The Clash – The Right Profile
Montgomery Clift was an American movie star in the post-WW2 era. As a result of a car crash, the left part of his face became paralyzed, hence he could only use his right profile in movies.
4. Bankrupt – The Legend Of Lee Marvin
Lee Marvin, Lee Marvin, come back cos the girls are starvin’
5. Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi’s Dead
Undead, undead, undead. Needless to say, Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó was Hungarian.
6. Die Ärzte – Grace Kelly
You have to understand German to really appreciate this one.
7. Billy Bragg – Ingrid Bergman
Billy appreciates natural beauty like everybody else.
8. Julian Cope – Robert Mitchum
Who could resist that charming guy from The Night of the Hunter?
9. The Travoltas – Liv Tyler
Live Tyler goes out with a whole bunch of Travoltas.
10. Primus – Lee Van Cleef
For those who prefer Lee to Clint, even as a zombie.
+1 Bananarama – Robert De Niro’s Waiting
We couldn’t leave a song about Robert De Niro out.
+2 M.D.C. – John Wayne Was a Nazi
Sorry, John Wayne.